Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Filter (Where?) in an Expression

I have an expression in SSRS that I need some help with. I am trying to just
filter off of a date that is passed from another expression and return all
the Db results where the date is = to the Date in the other expression.
Basically something like this
=Sum (Fields!TransactionAmount.Value) where (Fields!FiscalYear.Value = Parameters!FiscalYearMinus1.Value)
I know where isnt valid in an expression but this is the only way I know to
say it. So lets say the Date is 2006 it would give me the Transaction
amount for all of 2005.
ThanksHi,
have you tried to use the filter tab in the table/matrix properties ?
"rbyers01" wrote:
> I have an expression in SSRS that I need some help with. I am trying to just
> filter off of a date that is passed from another expression and return all
> the Db results where the date is = to the Date in the other expression.
> Basically something like this
> =Sum (Fields!TransactionAmount.Value) where (Fields!FiscalYear.Value => Parameters!FiscalYearMinus1.Value)
> I know where isnt valid in an expression but this is the only way I know to
> say it. So lets say the Date is 2006 it would give me the Transaction
> amount for all of 2005.
> Thanks|||Thanks for the reply
Ok I tried that but I got an error message about Data types not matching.
If I do the filter on the whole table will affect oter dates in the Table? i
just need the filter to run on one cell of the table.
"Cedric" wrote:
> Hi,
> have you tried to use the filter tab in the table/matrix properties ?
> "rbyers01" wrote:
> > I have an expression in SSRS that I need some help with. I am trying to just
> > filter off of a date that is passed from another expression and return all
> > the Db results where the date is = to the Date in the other expression.
> > Basically something like this
> >
> > =Sum (Fields!TransactionAmount.Value) where (Fields!FiscalYear.Value => > Parameters!FiscalYearMinus1.Value)
> >
> > I know where isnt valid in an expression but this is the only way I know to
> > say it. So lets say the Date is 2006 it would give me the Transaction
> > amount for all of 2005.
> >
> > Thanks|||Hi,
the filter will apply to all the data on the table. The only way I know is
to create another table with a unique cell containing your data filtered by
the parameter .
Cédric
"rbyers01" wrote:
> Thanks for the reply
> Ok I tried that but I got an error message about Data types not matching.
> If I do the filter on the whole table will affect oter dates in the Table? i
> just need the filter to run on one cell of the table.
> "Cedric" wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > have you tried to use the filter tab in the table/matrix properties ?
> >
> > "rbyers01" wrote:
> >
> > > I have an expression in SSRS that I need some help with. I am trying to just
> > > filter off of a date that is passed from another expression and return all
> > > the Db results where the date is = to the Date in the other expression.
> > > Basically something like this
> > >
> > > =Sum (Fields!TransactionAmount.Value) where (Fields!FiscalYear.Value => > > Parameters!FiscalYearMinus1.Value)
> > >
> > > I know where isnt valid in an expression but this is the only way I know to
> > > say it. So lets say the Date is 2006 it would give me the Transaction
> > > amount for all of 2005.
> > >
> > > Thanks|||Try something like this expression in the cell expression:
=Sum(IIF(Fields!FiscalYear.Value =Parameters!FiscalYear.Value.AddYears(-1),Fields!TransactionAmount.Value,0))
rbyers01 wrote:
> Thanks for the reply
> Ok I tried that but I got an error message about Data types not matching.
> If I do the filter on the whole table will affect oter dates in the Table? i
> just need the filter to run on one cell of the table.
> "Cedric" wrote:
>> Hi,
>> have you tried to use the filter tab in the table/matrix properties ?
>> "rbyers01" wrote:
>> I have an expression in SSRS that I need some help with. I am trying to just
>> filter off of a date that is passed from another expression and return all
>> the Db results where the date is = to the Date in the other expression.
>> Basically something like this
>> =Sum (Fields!TransactionAmount.Value) where (Fields!FiscalYear.Value =>> Parameters!FiscalYearMinus1.Value)
>> I know where isnt valid in an expression but this is the only way I know to
>> say it. So lets say the Date is 2006 it would give me the Transaction
>> amount for all of 2005.
>> Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment