Thursday, March 29, 2012

Filter by parameter value

Is this possible? I searched and couldnt find a solution that would
allow me to filter my results by a paramter value that I want the user
to be able to enter. My filtering works fine when entering in a numeric
value in manually but not when running it by the parameter. I get the
following error message: 'Fail to Evaluate
FilterExpression/FilterValues'Most likely the data types of the filter expression and the filter value
expression don't match.
Please try something similar to this:
Filter expression:
=CInt(Fields!SomeField.Value)
Filter value expression:
=CInt(Parameters!SomeParameter.Value)
The important part is the CInt() function call which will ensure that you
are comparing values of identical data types. More information on data type
conversion functions can be found on MSDN:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vblr7/html/vagrptypeconversion.asp
-- Robert
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Brent" <Brent.Raymond@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1126284534.290617.315760@.g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Is this possible? I searched and couldnt find a solution that would
> allow me to filter my results by a paramter value that I want the user
> to be able to enter. My filtering works fine when entering in a numeric
> value in manually but not when running it by the parameter. I get the
> following error message: 'Fail to Evaluate
> FilterExpression/FilterValues'
>

No comments:

Post a Comment