Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Filter a Dataset with the Range (inc.) operator

It seems that when I use the Range(inc.) as the filter operator for a Dataset and then try to use the Last and First keywords to extract the results from the dataset in the layout the results are sometimes wrong and don't match the expected.

Does anyone knows of any issues that would affect this filtering mechanism?

That is because your results are not sorted by appropriate fields. If you want to use First(field1) and you have filtered on range of field1, then you must sort by that field to get correct values for first and last values.

Shyam

|||Thanks for you answer, although it was not exactly what I needed but
nevertheless I was able to resolve this problem.
The solution lies in not choosing setting as a field the one you want to filter over,
with the range operator.
I don't know if that makes any sense but it worked for me.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment