Thursday, March 29, 2012

Filter does not work on a group?

I must be missing something. I have a table with two groups. One groups on
the user who created the record the other on the date the record was created.
I sort on the username group by name and the createdate group with a
category type.
My dataset pulls information for the current year however in this table I
want to only display data for the last week. If I apply the filter to the
table I receive expected results however if I apply the filter to the group
nothing comes back.
For either group if I put "= #2/22/2005#" for the expression "<=" as the
operator and "= Fields!CreateDate" as the Value I return 0 records despite
having some. I know my syntax is correct becaus this works at the table
level.
Can anyone tell me what I am missing?And you have date values in there more recent than 2/22/2005?
2/22/2005 <= Fields!CreateDate
I would try "= Fields!CreateDate" in the expression and "= #2/22/2005#" in
the value.
--
Cheers,
'(' Jeff A. Stucker
\
Business Intelligence
www.criadvantage.com
---
"Ben Holcombe" <BenHolcombe@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:41E911DB-58AE-4F74-9A6B-B6144C454DCA@.microsoft.com...
>I must be missing something. I have a table with two groups. One groups
>on
> the user who created the record the other on the date the record was
> created.
> I sort on the username group by name and the createdate group with a
> category type.
> My dataset pulls information for the current year however in this table I
> want to only display data for the last week. If I apply the filter to the
> table I receive expected results however if I apply the filter to the
> group
> nothing comes back.
> For either group if I put "= #2/22/2005#" for the expression "<=" as the
> operator and "= Fields!CreateDate" as the Value I return 0 records despite
> having some. I know my syntax is correct becaus this works at the table
> level.
> Can anyone tell me what I am missing?|||Same result. I know there are values past 2/22/2005 because I see them
without the filter applied. The filter works at the table level just not the
group level. This is strange.
"Jeff A. Stucker" wrote:
> And you have date values in there more recent than 2/22/2005?
> 2/22/2005 <= Fields!CreateDate
> I would try "= Fields!CreateDate" in the expression and "= #2/22/2005#" in
> the value.
> --
> Cheers,
> '(' Jeff A. Stucker
> \
> Business Intelligence
> www.criadvantage.com
> ---
> "Ben Holcombe" <BenHolcombe@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:41E911DB-58AE-4F74-9A6B-B6144C454DCA@.microsoft.com...
> >I must be missing something. I have a table with two groups. One groups
> >on
> > the user who created the record the other on the date the record was
> > created.
> > I sort on the username group by name and the createdate group with a
> > category type.
> >
> > My dataset pulls information for the current year however in this table I
> > want to only display data for the last week. If I apply the filter to the
> > table I receive expected results however if I apply the filter to the
> > group
> > nothing comes back.
> >
> > For either group if I put "= #2/22/2005#" for the expression "<=" as the
> > operator and "= Fields!CreateDate" as the Value I return 0 records despite
> > having some. I know my syntax is correct becaus this works at the table
> > level.
> >
> > Can anyone tell me what I am missing?
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment