Monday, March 26, 2012

Fillfactor at 10 took all my free space

I do a lot of bcping and was trying to speed it up by changing the
fillfactor on a clustered index, and now the database has doubled in size
from 200 to 400 gb and there is no free space left but the process keeps
running. Short of restore, what can I do to get the process to end?Have you tried killing the process from QA ? Find out the
spid of the running process and then open up another
window in QA and issue KILL <spid> command to end the
process.
hth.
>--Original Message--
>I do a lot of bcping and was trying to speed it up by
changing the
>fillfactor on a clustered index, and now the database has
doubled in size
>from 200 to 400 gb and there is no free space left but
the process keeps
>running. Short of restore, what can I do to get the
process to end?
>
>.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment