Thursday, March 29, 2012

filter expression "LIKE" together with report paramter in RS

Hi there
I have a text field that I would like to filter with a LIKE expression, i.e.:
WHERE (dbo.TBL_SchiBeriBeso.Bemerkung LIKE '%BSK%')
When I use this filter expression in the data query of Reporting Services
everything goes well.
But when I try to use this filter expression in the the report item (table)
I don't get this filter expression working. How do I write this filter
expression in the filter definition in the properties of my table? How
exactly is the right way to write the filter value (BSK) so that the filter
gets me every text field that has BSK somewhere in its contents?
Thanks a lot for your help!
Judith.If you are using a parameter in the Like expression with a wild card try it
like this:
WHERE (dbo.TBL_SchiBeriBeso.Bemerkung LIKE '%' + @.BSK + '%')
"j schuetz" <jschuetz@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:52BC887E-C77F-4FC7-9DDE-ED5B20826EAF@.microsoft.com...
> Hi there
> I have a text field that I would like to filter with a LIKE expression,
> i.e.:
> WHERE (dbo.TBL_SchiBeriBeso.Bemerkung LIKE '%BSK%')
> When I use this filter expression in the data query of Reporting Services
> everything goes well.
> But when I try to use this filter expression in the the report item
> (table)
> I don't get this filter expression working. How do I write this filter
> expression in the filter definition in the properties of my table? How
> exactly is the right way to write the filter value (BSK) so that the
> filter
> gets me every text field that has BSK somewhere in its contents?
> Thanks a lot for your help!
> Judith.|||Thank you for your input. I know now how to solve the problem. The thing is
that the syntax of the filter expression in the table properties window is
different from the syntax in the query.
The value field in the filter expression of the table properties has to have
the following syntax: [= "*" & Parameters!Stichwort.Value & "*"], i.e. the
wild card symbol is * instead of %.
With this syntax the LIKE operator in the table properties window works just
fine!
"Steve Dearman" wrote:
> If you are using a parameter in the Like expression with a wild card try it
> like this:
> WHERE (dbo.TBL_SchiBeriBeso.Bemerkung LIKE '%' + @.BSK + '%')
>
> "j schuetz" <jschuetz@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:52BC887E-C77F-4FC7-9DDE-ED5B20826EAF@.microsoft.com...
> > Hi there
> >
> > I have a text field that I would like to filter with a LIKE expression,
> > i.e.:
> > WHERE (dbo.TBL_SchiBeriBeso.Bemerkung LIKE '%BSK%')
> >
> > When I use this filter expression in the data query of Reporting Services
> > everything goes well.
> >
> > But when I try to use this filter expression in the the report item
> > (table)
> > I don't get this filter expression working. How do I write this filter
> > expression in the filter definition in the properties of my table? How
> > exactly is the right way to write the filter value (BSK) so that the
> > filter
> > gets me every text field that has BSK somewhere in its contents?
> >
> > Thanks a lot for your help!
> >
> > Judith.
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment