Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Filter and parameter

I am using SQL Server reporting service against Oracle DB. Is there any way
I can make filters optional? I want that if user does not select any value
from filter dropdown list then the query should run only with query
parameters. In my report I have 3 query parameters and 1 filter. Filter is
using expression (=Iif(Parameters!Equip1.Value is Nothing, true,
Fields!AC_AIRCRAFT_ID.Value=Parameters!Equip1.Value)) to use one of the
report parameters(not query parameter). Now when I deploy the report, I am
forced to provide value for the filter. Please note that I have allowed null
and blank value for the report parameter I am using for this filter.
--
ThanksOpen the report in report designer and add a default value for the report
parameter Equip1, e.g. =Nothing
Before republishing to the server, you have to delete the existing report
from the server. Then you are no longer forced to provide an explicit value.
-- Robert
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"tiwanap" <tiwanap@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:DB936A62-60E9-4B66-9A3F-D2D2308B6A36@.microsoft.com...
>I am using SQL Server reporting service against Oracle DB. Is there any
>way
> I can make filters optional? I want that if user does not select any value
> from filter dropdown list then the query should run only with query
> parameters. In my report I have 3 query parameters and 1 filter. Filter is
> using expression (=Iif(Parameters!Equip1.Value is Nothing, true,
> Fields!AC_AIRCRAFT_ID.Value=Parameters!Equip1.Value)) to use one of the
> report parameters(not query parameter). Now when I deploy the report, I am
> forced to provide value for the filter. Please note that I have allowed
> null
> and blank value for the report parameter I am using for this filter.
> --
> Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment