Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Filter & Parameter pane missing in MDX Query Designer in SQL Reporting Services

I've posted this in the SQL Reporting Services forum as well, but thought I'd try here as some of you may be using Analysis server with SRS also. I'm developing my first Analysis Server report in SRS. Everything was going well when I discovered the filters & parameters pane was missing in the MDX Query Designer in data mode. I have my columns and rows but need to drag a dimension into the filters & parameters pane in MDX Query Designer and set a filter and parameter on it. Any idea how to make it viewable?

Additional information on this thread. The filter and parameter pane does appear in the MDX Query Designer in SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio on a report created from a SQL Server 2005 database, but not on a SQL Server 2000 database. Am I on to something and is there a work around for SQL Server 2000 databases?

No comments:

Post a Comment